April 5 - 8, 2018
Volunteers are needed from Sunday, April 1st through Monday, April 9th
How to sign up?
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
- ALL VOLUNTEERS in NC and SC MUST COMPLETE AN ORIENTATION. Click here to signup. Out of town volunteers will receive online training.
- Determine the day(s) you want to work. Days are listed above in blue. Click on the day to see the positions available.
- Select the sign up button next to the shift you want to work (please only sign up for 1 full day or 2 half day positions PER DAY
- If there is no button, then that means that all slots for that position have been filled
- Any special needs / requests, etc - please use the comments field to convey these - we will do our best to accommodate
- When signing up for someone else, please put the person's name doing the position in the comments section.
NOTE: We prefer to have full day volunteers where noted, however, if you are only able to work a partial day, please add a comment on the signup or contact the steward below to see what accommodations can be made.
TRYON INTERNATIONAL EQUESTRIAN CENTER (TIEC)
25 International Blvd.
Mill Spring, NC 28756
- ARRIVAL TIMES: These are noted in the "Time" column next to each position. Please note that these times are provisional and will change as entries are determined and the total number competitors are finalized. You will receive an e-mail notification from this website. In some cases we give an ending time - we ask that you be flexible as the events of the day will dictate the actual end time.
- MEETING PLACE: Please report to the Volunteer Hospitality Headquarters at your arrival time. This is located in a peaked white tent behind the Horse Show Office.
- PARKING: Please download the Volunteer Parking Pass, print, and each day place in the dashboard of your car. Please inform parking attendants you are a volunteer - they will direct you to the volunteer parking lots. Volunteers will not be charged for parking.
- BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING: The Fork swag, great snacks, best seats in the event, meet new friends, learn about the sport from the experts and for those shifts going through lunchtime - lunch will be served!
- WHAT TO BRING: Every job is a little different, but in general, plan on being in the sun most of the day and dress for the weather. It is always best to dress in layers. Some items you might want to consider bringing/wearing ... a chair, sunscreen, chap stick, hat, closed toe shoes.
Please feel free to forward this weblink to anyone you feel might want to come out and help. And on behalf of our Volunteer Coordinator and Show Organizers ....
"Thank you in advance for helping us make the 2018 The Fork a success - without YOU - OUR VOLUNTEERS - there would be no show!"
Let me introduce you to your 2018 DISCIPLINE & OPERATIONS LEADS - these will be the contacts for the individual areas you are working. Feel free to give them a call if you have questions.
2018 THE FORK VOLUNTEER LEADS
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: KATHRYN MCMAHON 917.297.9717
DRESSAGE: MARGO SAVAGE - 864.399.3473, CATHY BERLIN - 828.894.3771
SHOW JUMPING: ANNIE LANE-MAUNDER - 864.993.4447
CROSS COUNTRY: ANN TROPPMANN - 513.706.2979
CROSS COUNTRY GALLOP LANES: JIM TROPPMANN - 513.600.3334
INFORMATION & SHUTTLES : FRED BAYLEY - 828.429.5209
INFORMATION & CHECK IN: NANCY BAYLEY - 828.429.1003
HOSPITALITY: JANE LYNCH - 513.312.6395
PARKING & STABLING: TERRY LYNCH - 513.314.1146
Lodging Information - https://tryon.coth.com/bookings/new-booking
The Fork General Information Website - http://tryon.coth.com/event/the-fork-at-tiec-weg-eventing-test-event
Tryon Equestrian Center (Maps & Directions) - www.tryon.com