If you are interested in volunteering for a Larkin Hill Horse Trials and have never volunteered before (or want to refresh your memory), welcome! We value our volunteers and salute you for supporting Eventing and Larkin Hill. Click here to watch the USEA volunteer training videos and learn about each of the volunteer positions. Click here for the Larkin Hill volunteer page.
How to sign up?
- For USEA Recognized Horse Trials: Click on the tab "Event Days," in blue. Determine the day(s) you want to volunteer. Days are listed in blue. Click on the day to see the positions available that day.
- Select the sign-up button next to the shift you want to work
- If there is no button, it means all of the slots for that position have been filled
- If you are available for more than one day, select another day to sign up to volunteer for that day.
- If you are new to the position, please add that so we will be sure to prepare you prior to and during the event--or reassign you, if necessary.
- Any special needs/requests, etc - please use the comments field to convey these. We will do our best to accommodate you.
NOTE: We prefer to have full day volunteers where noted, however, if you are only able to work a partial day or have any time constraints, please add a comment on the signup or contact the Volunteer Coordinator below. Even if you can only commit to two hours, we are happy to accommodate you and your schedule on set up and break down days. There are a few positions that we can accommodate additional volunteers for brief stints (i.e. dressage score runner, stadium score runner, stadium jump crew, etc.) Many hands make light work.
The volunteer coordinator will contact you to confirm that position or reassign you to a volunteer position depending on need and experience. If you have questions, contact the Larkin Hill volunteer coordinator at [email protected]. All volunteers receive a choice of volunteer gift, Larkin Hill T-shirt, free breakfast & lunch the day of the event and access to the VIP Volunteer Tent, including snacks and refreshments!
VOLUNTEER CHECK IN ADDRESS:
Larkin Hill Farm
515 County Route 32
North Chatham, NY 12132
- ARRIVAL TIMES: These are noted in the "Time" column next to each position. Please note that these times are provisional and will change as entries are determined and the total number competitors are finalized. You will receive an e-mail notification from the volunteer coordinator to confirm. In some cases we give an ending time - we ask that you be flexible as the events of the day will dictate the actual end time.
- MEETING PLACE: Please report to the Volunteer Check-In at your arrival time. This is located in the Volunteer Tent at Margie's house, on the left when you first pull in.
- BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING: Great snacks, best seats in the event, meet new friends, learn about the sport from the experts and lunch will be served! For volunteers that are interested: Barter Bucks to be used at a future Larkin Hill event (lesson with Margie, LH schooling show, etc).
- WHAT TO BRING: Every job is a little different, but in general, plan on being in the sun most of the day and dress for the weather. It is always best to dress in layers. Some items you might want to consider bringing/wearing ... a chair, sunscreen, chapstick, wide brimmed hat, sunglasses, bug spray, closed toe shoes, etc
Please feel free to forward this weblink to anyone who might want to come out. No previous experience necessary. Non horsey volunteers welcome!
On behalf of the Larkin Hill HT Volunteer Coordinator and Larkin Hill Show Organizers:
"Thank you in advance for helping us make the Larkin Hill Horse Trials a success - without YOU - OUR VOLUNTEERS - there would be no show!"
OWNER & ORGANIZER: Margaret "Margie" Hutchison
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Crystal Santos
SHOW SECRETARY: Erin Keehan