Ocala Jockey Club International 3-Day Event
November 13 - 17, 2019
Volunteers are needed from Sunday, November 10th through Monday,November 18th
How to sign up?
- Step #1 to signup for Ocala Jockey Club: Click on the tab that says "Event Days," in blue. Determine the day(s) you want to work. Days are listed in blue. Click on the day to see the positions available.
- Select the sign up button next to the position you would like to work
- If there is no button, then that means that all slots for that position have been filled
- Any special needs / requests, etc - please use the comments field to convey these - we will do our best to accommodate
- When signing up for someone else, please put the person's name doing the position in the comments section.
NOTE: We prefer to have full day volunteers where noted, however, if you are only able to work a partial day, please add a comment on the signup or contact the steward below to see what accommodations can be made.
Ocala Jockey Club
8720 W Highway 318
Reddick, FL 32686
- ARRIVAL TIMES: These are noted in the "Time" column next to each position. Please note that these times are provisional and will change as entries are determined and the total number competitors are finalized. You will receive an e-mail notification from this website. In some cases we give an ending time - we ask that you be flexible as the events of the day will dictate the actual end time.
- MEETING PLACE: Please report to the Volunteer Headquarters at your arrival time. There will be signs to direct you where this is and where to park.
- PARKING: Please download the Volunteer Parking Pass, print, and each day place in the dashboard of your car. Please inform parking attendants you are a volunteer - they will direct you to the volunteer parking lots. Volunteers will not be charged for parking.
- BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING: You will receive a gift, great snacks, best seats in the event, meet new friends, learn about the sport from the experts and for those shifts going through lunchtime - lunch will be served!
- WHAT TO BRING: Every job is a little different, but in general, plan on being in the sun most of the day and dress for the weather. It is always best to dress in layers. Some items you might want to consider bringing/wearing ... a chair, sunscreen, chap stick, hat, closed toe shoes, rain gear (when run in rain or shine), umbrella for sun or rain.
Please feel free to forward this weblink to anyone you feel might want to come out and help.
And on behalf of our Volunteer Coordinator and Show Organizers ....
"Thank you in advance for helping us make the 2019 OJC a success - without YOU - OUR VOLUNTEERS - there would be no show!"